With outdoor trips and group programming on hold during the pandemic, Movimiento began offering online and socially distanced therapy/counseling services for individuals, youth, families, couples, and children. Movimiento now offers supervision and practicum for therapists-in-training, both trainees who are completing graduate programs in counseling psychology and Associate Marriage & Family Therapists (AMFTs) who are earning their 3000 required hours toward licensure.
Outdoor Wellness Adventures:
The Outdoor Wellness Adventures program collaborates with BIPOC youth and schools to offer free ongoing experiences in nature combined with professional counseling and trauma recovery when needed. OWA promotes skills for sustained cultural and environmental leadership, as well as leadership skills via program components such as career/education coaching, wilderness trips, travel, farming, backpacking, crafting, and visits with visionaries and change-makers in various fields.
OWA modalities and trips may include:
- Individual nature-based therapy sessions.
- Nature-based group therapy sessions.
- Outdoor wilderness therapy experiences ranging in length from 3-5 days.
- Brainspotting and EMDR sessions if applicable, for trauma recovery.
- Ongoing therapy sessions via Zoom, phone, or in person to help participants integrate their wilderness therapy experiences and/or cultural exchange trips into their everyday home lives.
Skills & Objectives include increased mental and physical health, wellness skills, ease and comfort in nature, leadership skills, and sense of self-efficacy and empowerment.